Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)
Greetings, Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
We have passed the six-month milestone in our launch process. That means we are into the final phase as we look forward to our Grand Opening Celebration on October 7. God has certainly blessed us “with every spiritual blessing in Christ!” We are thrilled to write to you again as we continue to celebrate and share with you all that is happening at The Living Well!
Phase 3 Goals
- Ministry Teams highly functioning / dreaming big dreams
- Launch continues to grow spiritually, missionally, numerically
- 120-160 Adults connected to the church by September 30
- 500-600 effective “touches” in the community
- Building work completed on time and under budget
- Part-time staff and volunteer leaders identified and in place
- Life groups formed and meeting
- Keep momentum heading in the right direction
We have entered the final phase of our launch process. The first phase was all about establishing our team’s foundations—who is God calling us to be, what is He calling us to do, where is He calling us to go? Phase 2 built on that foundation—growing in our faith, organizing and strategizing, adding “reinforcements,” and renovating our facility to support God’s kingdom work. Over the past six months we have made literally thousands of connections and engaged in hundreds of conversations; we have seen divine appointments, spiritual and physical healings, and many eyes being opened to the good news of Jesus. We continue to “find real life in Jesus Christ, celebrate that life in community, and share the life with everyone around us.”
On Aug. 4 we hosted a Summer Picnic, our first public event of the launch. It was a wonderful opportunity to connect with new people and move from being strangers to friends. The next day we invited people to attend our first “Sneak Preview,” which was attended by 45 visitors! What a beautiful beginning! Over the next two months we will have three more of services as well as several other outreach activities as we prepare for the Grand Opening Celebration on October 7. In the meantime, we’re finishing up work on the facility at 5475 Ravine, and continuing to develop our ministry teams and leaders, and press into missional and discipleship strategies for the future.
As we head into this final phase of the launch, and especially as we continue to press into our public ministry, it’s important for us to keep our focus, remember our roots and continue building on the firm foundation the
Holy Spirit has established for The Living Well.
After six months of prayer and hard work, it’s tempting to think we are approaching the finish line. But truth is, we are really only at the start. We need to keep to holding each other accountable to make connections and engage in spiritual conversations. We need to remind each other that the building is still only a building (even though it’s beautiful, and we love it!) We need to keep depending on the Holy Spirit’s leading (even as our teams and leaders are growing in confidence and competence). With every step we take, we want to learn to follow Jesus more closely, and to give God all the glory.
So please continue to join your prayers to our prayers. I thank God for your continued faithfulness through prayer and your generous financial gifts to our ministry. As we continue this journey, please pray…
- For spiritual and physical strength as we continue to press into our kingdom mission
- For wisdom and discernment as we continue to identify teams, roles, and leaders for the work
- Against complacency and self-confidence when things are going well
- Against discouragement and fear when things are not going well
- For a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit, a renewed passion for prayer, miraculous testimonies
- That our Team can continue to grow closer to one another AND embrace new faces and families
- For financial provision as we seek to raise the remaining $30,000 we need for renovations
- That God will continue to raise up leaders, engage followers, and increase our kingdom influence
You are in our prayers as well! We welcome your emails and letters and we treasure your friendships. May the peace of Christ be with you as we live in the reality of His kingdom and the hope of resurrection!
Pastor Philip & Heidi Rose
Leave a Reply